Happy Spring from our family to yours. MAP and our children have so much to celebrate! We are excited to share highlights of our work this past quarter in this report.
The success and growth of these programs depend on continued financial support, and we need your help to carry on this work.
MAP Hunger Relief and Basic Provisions Programs
- We continue to provide food to hundreds of children and their families living with food insecurity in the Bay Area and Northern Virginia, through MAP’s Nutrition Outreach Program.
- We are excited to announce that we have received a grant from Hitachi High Technologies America for support of our Hunger Relief Program.
- We are expanding our Hygiene Program in Oakland; and, in addition to setting up laundry facilities in schools and shelters, we will be providing personal hygiene products to the children in need.
MAP Education Programs
- Programs at our School in Cambodia continue to expand and grow, with the newest being our preschool/kindergarten and sewing fashion design vocational training programs.Our Board Member Maryam Refahi is heading to Cambodia to visit the programs as well as her daughter who has been teaching English at the school since last summer.
- The construction of a School in Toolash, Ardabil has finished and the construction of a nearby Library has begun. Read More
- We are adding five more Village Preschools to our 100 Daycare Center & Preschool Establishment Program in Iran. Bringing the total number of established centers to 57.
- The construction of a girls high school in Ney in Kurdistan and the elementary school in Manamen, Ardabil has commenced.
The construction of our 4th school in Senegal is underway.
MAP Orphan Care Programs
- The operation of our Girls Home in Kerman continues to go smoothly, and our girls are thriving beautifully. Operations of this center is generously donated by the Tahbazof Family Foundation.
- Our foster care program in Cambodia is fully operational, and the children are thriving thanks to the support and care of our staff in Cambodia.
MAP Kermanshah Earthquake Relief & Reconstruction
- 15 tons of food, clothing, hygiene products and basic provisions were distributed to those affected.
- Four mobile health clinics have been purchased, equipped, and mobilized in the devastated areas.
150 heating units have been purchased and distributed to families living in tents and temporary shelters.
- An art therapy program and event was organized for over 300 children in the area. Their art was showcased in a gallery exhibit in Tehran to help bring awareness to the cause.
- Construction of two health clinics and an Occupational & Physical Therapy Center have begun.
- The construction of ten Kindergarten/Day Schools in the affected villages is on its way. Due to the magnitude of the devastation, we have been asked to construct 20 such schools, but due to limitation in funds, MAP has for now only committed to ten.
Join Us at Our Events