Q. Can MAP legally send funds to Iran under the current sanctions?
A. We have an OFAC license (License No. IA-2013-305873-4) from the U.S. Treasury for humanitarian purposes and can collect tax-exempt donations from Americans and others to support our ongoing relief efforts and our other projects involving building schools, orphanages and other humanitarian related activities in Iran. To request a copy of Moms Against Poverty’s OFAC license, please contact us at [email protected].
Q. Who manages MAP’s projects in Iran?
A. Meet our Team in Iran, Dr. Ashkan Taghipour, Managing Director of Nikgaman Jamshid. Fatemeh Toghanian, Financial Officer. Samira Safavi, Project Manager
Q. How does MAP operate in Iran?
A. Through our sister NGO. Nikgaman Jamshid. which office is located at,
No. 18 East Hoveyzeh St., North Sohravardi Rd.
5th Floor – Unit 13
Tehran. IRAN 1553718738
Tel: (+98) 21 88 52 66 35. (+98) 21 88 503637
Fax: (+98) 21 86 03 14 30
Email: [email protected]
Q. Can I visit or call the office in Iran?
A. We welcome all MAP donors to visit or contact our office in Iran.
Q. Can I visit MAP’s projects in Iran?
A. We welcome all MAP donors to visit our projects in Iran. Please contact our office in Iran to arrange for your visit.
Q. Are my donations to MAP Tax Deductible?
A. As a 501 c3 non-profit organization. all donations to MAP are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Highlights of our accomplishments in Iran include:
- Establishment and operation of our own Private Girls’ Orphanage (Khaneye Golha) in Kerman.
- Establishment and operation of our own Vocation Training Center in Kerman.
- Construction and ongoing support of a Cultural and Vocational Training Center in Bushehr.
- Construction of 7 schools and two libraries in Ardabil. Azarbaijan. Kurdistan. and Sistan & Baluchestan provinces.
- Establishment of 70 Preschool Centers (Roostamahds) in remote Iranian villages.
- Providing an ongoing monthly savings and health insurance program for orphaned children in Kerman.
- Supporting and renovating over 20 orphanages and social services centers in various provinces.
- Construction of an orphanage in Kurdistan and establishment of an orphanage in Kerman.
- Provided basic provisions to earthquake-stricken regions of Kermanshah. East Azarbaijan. and Bushehr in Iran.
MAP is a registered 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization with the mission to nurture and educate underprivileged children to their fullest potential in the U.S .. Iran and around the globe.
The organization’s tax returns and audited financials can be found by visiting the Our Financials page.